GDPR Update Workshop - Will you be joining us?ByClaire Fuller |NewsEventsFundraisingMarketingMailing |12 March 2019
Almost a year has passed since GDPR became enforceable by law. GDPR replaced the former data protection laws (Data Protection Act 1998) and has given individuals more rights and protection about how organisations collect, store and use their personal data.
Since becoming legally enforceable there has been much discussion around interpretation of various clauses within the legislation. Join us on Thursday 16th May 2019 for an informal day of discussion, exploring each other’s experiences of the implementation of GDPR and sharing insights that we’ve gained whilst working with our clients over the last year.
During the day we will also explore the work left to do in becoming completely GDPR compliant.
Where and when will the workshop be happening?
- Location: Yeomans Head Office – Suite 1, Branbridges Industrial Estate, East Peckham, TN12 5HF
- Date: Thursday 16th May 2019
- Time: 10:00-14:00
How much does the workshop cost and how do I apply for a place?
Spaces for this workshop are strictly limited and must be booked in advance.
Due to the informal and collaborative nature of this workshop, spaces to attend are FREE of charge (though limited to 1 space per organisation). However, if a confirmed delegate cancels their place within 1 week of the event, or does not arrive on the day of the course, they will be charged the standard rate for a paid space on a Yeomans Workshop, this is currently £100 + VAT.
To apply for a space to join our GDPR Update Workshop please click here to download and complete the booking form. (Please note: You will need to save your own copy of the application form before completing it)
The expertise behind the workshop:
- As our data, process and compliance manager, Andy keeps a watchful eye over the internal workings of Yeomans. With his detailed knowledge of GDPR he has advised many clients on developing and implementing their own responses to the legislation
- Andy is currently studying the IDM Professional Certificate in GDPR and has held data responsibility (in various guises) since early 2002
- Claire has been Marketing Manager at Yeomans for the last 3 years and prior to joining the team had 13 years’ experience working in the charity sector
- Claire has responsibility for developing and accurately maintaining Yeomans own subscriber records within our CRM system
- During her years in Marketing and as a Programme Coordinator, Claire has led many training courses and developed the skills of an experienced meeting facilitator
If you have any questions before making your application please contact Claire on 01892 839280 or by email.